Monday, February 6, 2012

Movie #2 - Inventing The Abbots

While folding XX,XXX loads of laundry tonight, I watched Inventing The Abbots starring Joachim Phoenix (and I am old enough to still think of him as River's little brother), Billy Crudup (who, I learn from our friends at Wikipedia, grew up in Manhasset, just east of my DH's home town), Liv Tyler (who speaks in a monotone, but seems kindly), and Jennifer Connolly (who I thought was the wife in Seabiscuit, but it turns out, that was Elizabeth Banks!  Who knew??).
I've read a number of Sue Miller novels (she wrote the short story the movie was based on) and I was kind of dismayed that it was such an anti-sister plot.  Really, sisters?  I mean, I know Billy Crudup is adorable, but must you?  sigh
Another movie for my personal record books, but not one I'm going to urge others to see. But think of all the laundry I got folded!

No comments:

Post a Comment