Monday, February 13, 2012

Movie #3: MacGruber

MacGruber is one of those movies filled with inappropriate jokes, gross-out sight-gags, raunchiness, stupidness.  In short, my favorite kind of movie.  In the grand tradition of some of my all-time faves, like Role Models and Old School (though not as good as either of those classics), MacGruber was silly and funny and thoroughly enjoyable.

I used to watch serious and important movies.  I watched Saving Private Ryan from the 3rd row of a massive movie theatre, and still kind of have a headache from it.  When I went to see The Fisher King in high school, I had to sit on the curb and weep for 20 minutes before I was composed enough to drive home.  Maybe, over the course of this movie and book adventure, I will dip my toe back in the waters of serious film.  But for now, I'm composing my Must Watch List...next up:  Bridesmaids!  Or maybe The Hangover II! Or Superbad!!!

Recommendations welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...yesterday I watched 'The Virgin Suicides' to add to my movie list, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it. It was rather disturbing and frankly depressing. A movie I would recommend is 'Nowhere in Africa'. It might fall into the category of more serious movie, but at its heart, it's the story of how one Jewish family survives the changes wrought by WWII set against the backdrop of Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, I think you kind of skimmed my post. DUMB movies. RAUNCHY movies. SILLY movies. I'm not ready for important, issue-driven movies. Silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know. Silly me. :) New recommendations then: 'Mean Girls', Mel Brooks movies, 'Tangled', 'Office Space', Monty Python movies. You may very well have seen most or all of these, but that's what I've got. Also Bollywood movies can fall into your requirements, especially if you don't mind dancing, singing, and melodrama.

    ReplyDelete