Thursday, May 3, 2012

Book #11 - If You Were Here

It's not my husband's fault.  I sent him off into Barnes & Noble to choose a novel for me.  I said, "Get me something light & fun.  You know, from those nice book displays they always have in the middle of the aisles!  Get a paperback that will be easy reading!"

He did as he was told: he found a light paperback from the display table.  It's not his fault that the book he chose, If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster, is the stupidest, most vapid and irritating thing I've read in...oh...ever.  

(Damn you, forty book challenge!  Any other year I would have stopped after chapter one, but nooooo...I have to read forty books!  I don't have time to waste on stopping something once I've started!)

The premise of the novel is...why am I even going into this?  I hated the book.  I don't think you should read it. If you want to read it after reading this review, you can go look at the synopsis on Amazon.  Or you can have my copy!  For free!

No comments:

Post a Comment