Sunday, July 8, 2012

On Goals - Volume 2

Lest my readers fear, let me offer this information:  My goal (40 books, 40 movies [HA!] in my 40th year) is a calendar year goal.  I am not trying to reach this goal by my birthday (which looms ominously).  I am shooting for 40 books by December 31, and I'm nearly halfway through the books, and just over halfway through the year, so I'm feeling fine about it all.

Also, as has been previously discussed, my contribution to the movie side of my goal has been woefully inadequate.  To date, I still have only watched three movies this year.  Three!  Three movies in more than 6 months!  

If I could count episodes of The Family Guy towards my movie goal, I would have already knocked this one out of the park.  But that's not the goal I set for myself.  Aaaaaaanyway.  It has been pointed out that it's still POSSIBLE to watch 37 movies between now & December 31.  It would take commitment, and a definite change in my patterns.  But it's possible.

Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. We have been getting lots of petitions for TV counting as something. We're not sure what to do! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were king of the world, I would say that "substantive" TV would count. That would exclude The Family Guy (as awesome as it is) and include Downton Abbey. It would also require some Arbiter of Substance, which is nice if you're royalty, but not very helpful if you're running a free, random, online challenge.

      Delete