Friday, August 3, 2012

MOVIE #4. Cry- Baby

Yep.  Honest to Joe, it's the FOURTH real-live NEW movie I've seen this year.  What's worse...(wait is there something worse??) is that I could have & should have seen this movie as a high school kid.  I think know my sister told me about how awesome John Waters is, but it wasn't enough, so I skipped seeing Cry-Baby when I should have, and instead, just watched it last week as I folded laundry.  (That is how glamorous my life is...)

I liked it. OK.  I liked it okay.  I didn't LOVE it. And really, what I thought, was that it was a not-great ripoff of Waters' own movie, Hairspray. Not as sharp, not as textured, not as...well...good.

Ah well.  I'm sure I can see another movie this year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this was my introduction to John Waters. And Johnny Depp. I love this movie beyond reasonable limits. It's been a few years--I should rewatch this one!

    ReplyDelete