Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Book #6 -- V is for Vengeance

After catching up (albeit a little late) on the previous Sue Grafton novel, U is for Undertow, I then read V is for Vengeance, Sue Grafton's latest.

A concept Grafton has latched onto – maybe to the detriment of the novels?  Maybe it makes them richer? - is the shifting narrator.  For ages, only Kinsey Millhone spoke in these books.  Now, Grafton introduces the perspectives of lots of other people – sometimes the bad guy, sometimes the victim, whatever.  It adds to the mystery / intrigue, but definitely changes the tone of the books.

Nonetheless (or "notwithstanding"), I love the series, and will eagerly read the next (last?) four.  What will Grafton do next??

Respectfully Submitted,
KCSummertime

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! I read A is for Apple (okay, I can't remember what A was for) and didn't love it, but I'm not much of mystery fan. Maybe I'll try to pick them up at used book sales and give them another go!

    ReplyDelete