Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Book #6 -- V is for Vengeance

After catching up (albeit a little late) on the previous Sue Grafton novel, U is for Undertow, I then read V is for Vengeance, Sue Grafton's latest.

A concept Grafton has latched onto  maybe to the detriment of the novels?  Maybe it makes them richer? - is the shifting narrator.  For ages, only Kinsey Millhone spoke in these books.  Now, Grafton introduces the perspectives of lots of other people  sometimes the bad guy, sometimes the victim, whatever.  It adds to the mystery / intrigue, but definitely changes the tone of the books.

Nonetheless (or "notwithstanding"), I love the series, and will eagerly read the next (last?) four.  What will Grafton do next??

Respectfully Submitted,
KCSummertime

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! I read A is for Apple (okay, I can't remember what A was for) and didn't love it, but I'm not much of mystery fan. Maybe I'll try to pick them up at used book sales and give them another go!

    ReplyDelete