Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Books #38 & 39

I'm kind of deflated, actually.

I was just about to write about the two most recent books I've finished, Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy, and The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian.  And I was doing what I do when I prep to write one of these blogs: opening up Amazon windows and author pages to link through to.  I was going to talk about how pleasing I find Maeve Binchy's books; I've probably read ten.  I was going to tell you about how I don't understand the appeal, given that the books are broadly predictable and vaguely mushy, but that I genuinely love them, every time.

And what I found was this memorial on Maeve Binchy's author page.

Maybe when she died, I did hear about it.  I don't remember it, though.  And seeing that announcement really deflated me.

Another time, maybe, I'll talk about books #38 and 39.  For now, I'm just going to look through the list of books that Maeve Binchy wrote, and see what I recall, and enjoy remembering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment